> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Deck Stain
Login | Register

Deck Stain

Posted by BobB on August 8th, 2001 08:59 AM
In reply to CWF-UV or Cabot for deck staining by VK on August 7th, 2001 03:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

VK: I have no experience with Cabot, however I do have experience with CWF-UV; and could not ask for a better product or a better company than Flood. When I had a question on two different occasions I have called their office and talked with a technical person, and also sent E-Mail to their customer service, and rec'd prompt courteous replies. It is important to follow all of the label directions ( they have a good web site ). Before treating I have used their Dekswood product, with good results, however this last time I also followed up the Dekswood treatment with a diluted bleach application to get rid of stains from the mildew and such. It made the deck a uniform color, and after treating it with the CWF-UV everyone thought that it looked brand new and not 15 years old. BTW the deck is pressure treated wood.
I have no affiliation with Flood Co., and do not sell their products. I'm just a die hard do-it-yourselfer who likes to share experiences on this forum.
Good luck with your deck project and with whichever product that you choose.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC