> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > dead smell, please help
Login | Register

dead smell, please help

Posted by Cheryl on June 12th, 2002 09:33 PM
In reply to That smell's still there by Marty on September 3rd, 1999 04:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

84 of 112 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> Dead Animal Smell by Handyman on 08/31/2006

I have a 8 yr old house with a room and garage add on 4 yrs. old. The add on has a cement crawl space/foundation. For about one to two months there has been a horrible odor in the room. I can't pinpoint where it is coming from-have smelt every square inch and it is just in certain parts of the rooms air, if this makes any sense. How long would a dead animal in the wall or attic smell for? We have a gas wood type stove in there and have shut off the gas so we eliminated that. Took out all the plants, removed the fish tank (which didn't seem to smell). It almose seems to be in the wall area when I sniff. I know there were critters (probably mice) over the winter, heck, I can't get rid of the mouse that has lived in my garaged car (yes, in the car not just under the hood) for the last two winters-it's disgusting.No access to attic above this added room where the smell is. Is there anyone I can call to come in and help with this? Please help, I can't stand it anymore...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC