> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > David: The Awful Truth!
Login | Register

David: The Awful Truth!

Posted by tomh on February 28th, 2003 03:03 PM
In reply to You may not be aware of this, but..... by David on February 28th, 2003 02:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

Truth is I have always installed hard-wired bell systems, even in existing homes where no bell systems are installed. I have never purchased nor owned a wireless doorbell. They sound like a great idea as opposed to explaining hard-wire installs. The appalling truth is, I had no idea where to start in terms of fixing the doorbell where the power supply was known, but none of the other wiring or transformer was located. The better advise would have been to simply buy another transformer and to wire in bells and door buttons.

I resolve, not be be a wireless doorbell salesman in the future; however in my defense I merely asked if it had been considered. Thank you David for ahowing me the error of my ways. Now, about the original post....Any suggestions for Scott?

Your friend in argument..Tom

PS, I just bought this house in September and it doesn't have a doorbell. I have 42 inch wide solid door 8-6 high with 2 crystal beveled glass side lights and a 2-1/2" jamb space between the door and sidelights. Any suggestions for a bell?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC