> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > David.....Moved message up here..
Login | Register

David.....Moved message up here..

Posted by Gary on February 14th, 2003 09:21 AM
In reply to One thing we haven't covered... by David on February 14th, 2003 08:28 AM [Go to top of thread]

David your info has been very very helpful...

So if it's OK with you I would like to cover a few more areas...This has been a problem for 15 years and I feel I have to correct it now or pay alot more later so I want to be sure to do the correct repairs..

After reading your response I'm leaning towards the pump then the plastic.

This is a modular home with no slab foundation just dirt with a brick surrounding. There is no plumbing to get into the way other than the water line coming in and the sewer going out everything is above ground.

The problem with a pump is I have NOWHERE to pump the water to. There are no ditches between
my property and my neighbors. Suggestions?

A company I spoke with concerning the flowable concrete said to put down a 6 mil plastic liner then pour 4" of the flowable concrete and it would solve the moisture problem. Cost would be $45.00 per yard needing about 18 yards. And $275.00 to pump the concrete.

But as you stated the water would still be there just under the concrete. I was thinking by rasing the crawl space with the concrete would force the water out to the yard which has a good grade away from the house.

The other issue is the water isn't coming from the rain drainage etc. We have the intercoastal waterway about 2 blocks away and most of the yards in the area stay damp due to the tide and the closeness of the waterway.

Sorry this is so long.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC