> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Darned if I know...
Login | Register

Darned if I know...

Posted by Henry in MI on February 6th, 2003 06:05 AM
In reply to paint brands - dulux any good? by JC on February 5th, 2003 08:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

I tend to go with Benny Moore's paint. Been using that for years and am happy, just like Steve, the moderator, likes his Sherwin-Williams. That is good news/bad news because I do a lot more clear finishes on furniture than painting.

One thing that is obvious is that about any company can make really great paint. And any company can make real bad paint. The reason for all those brands listed is becasuse they all come out of the same equipment in the same plant in Cleveland. I'm sure that they will also make private label brands, too.

My feeling is that you do not want to get too hung up on the brand name. You do want to find a good local source and let them keep up up-to-date with changes in paint and the products on their shelf. If they keep you happy and coming back, they will have jobs and a company to work for. If they mess up too many times, they can always go work at a big box--and I have never heard a home center employee say how much they liked working there.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC