> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Damper
Login | Register


Posted by Billy on November 21st, 2002 02:16 PM
In reply to Stove Hood w/o flapper in ducting ? by Bob on November 21st, 2002 01:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

You need a damper for your duct. If you can see straight through to the sky, you also need a roof cap so that rain, snow, vermin, etc. do not come down your duct.

Go to and search for a "roof cap with damper." Many roof caps have built-in dampers. You need to get a roof cap that fits the size of the duct in your vent system, and you need to install the roof cap so that it makes a watertight seal with your roof.

If you have a duct pipe that sticks up above your roof sufficiently, then you may be able to find a roof cap with damper that sits on top of the duct -- this would be the best solution because you will not have to touch your roof.

Good luck!


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC