> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > damp crawlspace
Login | Register

damp crawlspace

Posted by TT on September 19th, 2001 02:32 PM

Any suggestions would be great. My situation is that the humidity level in the house is high. I beleive that it is coming from the crawlspace. I have no standing water laying on the ground, but when you lift up the plastic that is on the ground the ground is saturated with water (like the plastic is holding the water in and the air can not get to it to dry) I have plenty of foundation vents and the ground is sloping away from the house. Gutters look good also. I have no insulation under the floors either. I suspect that cold air is coming in from the cinder blocks because there is no blue foam that goes between the cinder blocks and the wood for the floor and plus there are spots that i see day light from in side the crawlspace, and the rim band that outlines the perimeter of the floor gets really wet in winter months, that is probably why i had to replace floor joist. There are no leaky pipes either. The foundation is water proofed and the is even a perferated tile sunk also. Is it possible that water is coming up from under the cement foundation itself? Thank you again for any suggestions.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC