> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Cutback
Login | Register


Posted by JT on December 23rd, 1997 09:18 PM
In reply to Old kitchen floor removal by James on December 22nd, 1997 02:18 PM [Go to top of thread]

James, the "tar" is most likely a mastic called
cutback. A sharp floor scraper or heat gun & wide
blade putty knife should remove most of it; mineral
spirits and rags will get a bit more. Another option
is to scrape off the worst of it and cover the rest
with a self-leveling compound such as Ardex SD-L (see
their web page @ The SD-L need
a primer first (see technical spec's).

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC