> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > cure for sunken receptacles?
Login | Register

cure for sunken receptacles?

Posted by Jim N. on October 9th, 2000 02:18 PM

In the kitchen of the house I purchased, I don't know the term for it, but the area of wall between the countertop and cabinets was originally tiled. The previous owner put some form of fiberboard over the tile and a bad joint compound job over that. I was looking for alternatives to fix this bad job. But more importantly the receptacles were even with the old tile wall. The previous owner kept the receptacles the same depth and just put his work over it so the receptacles are sunken. I want to put in the GFCI receptacles in but want to raise them to the proper level. Any fix or would I should I tear all the junk off and start with new drywall?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC