> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Crown Moulding (Yet again!)
Login | Register

Crown Moulding (Yet again!)

Posted by Ralph B. on March 11th, 2000 08:14 AM

Okay, I got myself the Delta compound miter saw AND the fuel-powered finish nailer. I warmed up on chair railing in my daughter's room that turned out great (thank God for caulk). Now it's time to finally tackle crown moulding.
First, I've read everything I can find on this subject and it seems there are two methods: coping and compound miters. For coping, believe me, it is easier said than done. I've coped until I'm blue in the face and this is obviously a "learned" skill.
So, how does the CHART at the Delta website work? (Thanks, Wick, for recommending it) Will using those angles on the bevel and mitre result in a perfect inside corner? And what about all this hub-bub about putting the piece of moulding against your fence upside down and/or backwards??
This moulding cost some bucks and I'd like to keep my "firewood" down to a minimum.
Anyone? Anyone have the DEFINITIVE answer (short of hiring a finish carpenter) on how to put this stuff up?
Finally, I've also heard about the decorative corner pieces available to aviod the entire inside corner problem. What are they about? Where are they available? Do they "match" certain types of mouldings?
In any case -- help! My dining room has a beautiful coved ceiling with gorgeous crown moulding all around it. I've sat for hours just admiring it -- although it provides wonderful inspiration, it unfortunately provides no answers. Thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC