> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Crown molding
Login | Register

Crown molding

Posted by Henry in MI on June 18th, 2000 09:52 PM
In reply to crown molding by AV on June 18th, 2000 12:50 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, AV. Were the pictures actually suspended from crown molding. Crown molding goes at the joint between the wall and the ceiling. There is something else called picture molding that has a round top and is usually installed about 18" below the ceiling. The big "s" hook goes over the top of this with a wire down to a small "s" hook that holds the picture wire attached to the back of the art work. Check around at some of the better lumber yards in your area and I'm sure that they will be able to supply it. This is another area where the home centers carry a lot but a specialty lumber yard may be of a lot more help. If you still can't find it, perhaps you can find someone with a molding planer or someone that can run a bullnose bit in a regular router table with a fence on one edge of regular crown molding stock.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC