> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > crown
Login | Register

Posted by andi on October 14th, 2000 07:45 PM
In reply to Crown Moldings by Bill on October 14th, 2000 05:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

i have never met a crown i couldn`t cut to fit. the face/angle cut on both edges should be the same. cut a couple of test pieces and hold them in place until u get them to match. remember that you can rotate the piece inside the 90 degree and over 90 degree ceiling angles to produce a perfect or close match. two planes will intersect to produce a straight line. how you rotate the two matching cuts will make alot of difference in how they match up. keep cutting matching pieces (mirror imaged-right handed, left handed) and you should find a match. remember the back side of the wood is a flat plane and two planes will/can lineup and intersect in a straight line. basic euclidean geometery. good luck. p.s. check the accuracy of you`re miter box. if you're cutting free hand it`s a whole different can of worms. it`s frustrating now, but it should be fun by the time you figure it out. definitely a real trick of eye hand skill. post again if u have problems. others out here know more than me.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC