> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > cross bracing and/or girder beam
Login | Register

cross bracing and/or girder beam

Posted by jb on August 15th, 2000 10:47 AM
In reply to Spongy floors by Jerry Phillips on August 14th, 2000 09:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

It sounds like you need "cross bracing" or "diagonal bridging" between your joists (if you don't have it already) and if this doesn't fix it enough you may need to put in a girder beam and posts to effectively shorten the span on these joists.

bridging instructions:

A girder is a beam that you put under the joists that is posted up. This is usually done at mid span to reduce the bounce in the floor.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC