> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > crooked house
Login | Register

crooked house

Posted by Dewey (MI) on January 1st, 2001 11:33 AM

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

We bought our house 14 months ago and it is rather crooked in certain parts of the house. It is a 1943 (crooked part) with 1996 addition. We had the main beams in the basement replaced with steel beams as the original beams were very warped. The house we jacked up to somewhat more level position but the walls in the old part cracked due to the shift (which I expected would happen). What is our next step? Is there such a thing as a structural consultant that could advise us on what the problem is and how to fix it? How can I find one if there is such a thing?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC