> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Critters
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on September 18th, 1999 05:15 PM
In reply to Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my! by Hank Metz on September 18th, 1999 04:14 PM [Go to top of thread]

Gee, are you lucky Hank. Our Animal Control people will only trap critters that are in your house and then they legally have to be released on your property. If they or the homeowner trap an animal outside, they have to be released alive outside on the same property. You can not legally transport the animal or kill it yourself. So, Lloyd, I suggest that you contact your local Animal Control people first before you try to trap.

I have rousted a skunk from under the front porch and a racoon from under the shed with mothballs. I spread out about half a box in both cases. Had a baby skunk in a window well one time, too. I waited until it fell asleep, put on heavy leather welders gloves, grabbed the tail and just flipped it out of the well. Got to say that it was pretty funny when it was rudely awakened, picked up and rolled around when it landed, and finally bobbed off back to the woods.

Lloyd, if the moth balls don't work, you might try predator urine like wolf or fox. This might be available from local hunting stores and definately is by mail order from places you can find by searching the web.

Good luck.
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC