> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Creativity
Login | Register

Posted by Walt on December 18th, 2002 02:38 PM
In reply to somebody can use my fraternity house as a work project if you are interested by bret on December 10th, 2001 11:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

I'm an regional alumni advisor for an international fraternity. You've got to give the kid credit for creativity. I've often thought of trying to get *** ****, etc., to help with a house remodel. Most chapters, especially at smaller schools, don't have much cash, and many of their alumni are not interested. It takes years to rebuild an alumni base, much less to get those who have disposable incomes to kick in the donations. The other choices are other fundraisers (including parents and passing the hat) and borrowing from a bank - which isn't bad these days with the interest rates, if the credit is good enough. If not, that takes years to build, too. Most of the kids don't have the skills or experience, and I'm not aware of any "charity" that helps fraternity chapters, despite their not-for-profit status. If that's the situation Bret's chapter is in, hey, at least he was being creative in trying to find help. Good luck! Walt

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC