renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > crazy glue on carpet
Login | Register

crazy glue on carpet

Posted by Paul on December 3rd, 2002 09:19 PM
In reply to Crazy glue removal by Henry in MI on July 1st, 2000 08:25 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I unfortunately spilled about 1/5 oz. of crazy glue on my WHITE wall to wall carpet. I had two spots, one the size of a quarter, and one the size of a silver dollar. My wife was NOT pleased.
My first mistake was not to blot up the excess with a white rag. Instead I set the glue using a wet sponge!!!! BAD!!!!! I tried using acetone and got some relief. The spots weren't as bad, but the carpet appeared ruined!!!

The following advice must be used only if you are willing to subject yourself and others to possible chemical hazzards. Acetone is a DANGEROUS AND VERY FLAMABLE SUBSTANCE!!!!
IT SHOULD BE TREATED VERY CAREFULLY. THE FUMES ARE HARMFUL AS WELL AS IT IS TOXIC IF YOU GET IT ON YOUR SKIN!!! USE EVERY PRECAUTION AVAILABLE WHEN TRYING WHAT FOLLOWS NEXT...
I was desparate! My wife was PISSED at me!!!!! I PRAYED AND PRAYED. I PRAYED ALOT MORE. I think that only through the "GRACE OF GOD"' I was able to work the miricle I am about to relate to you!

I tried using more crazy glue (on a sample piece of carpet) to break down the original glue. No luck.
I then tried saturating the spot (my sample carpet) with 100% aetone. I agitated the spot with a screwdriver, to break down the glue, and keep it off my skin!
Slowly, but surely the glue broke down, and I blotted up the excess with a white rag. After repeating the process several times, and PRAYING ALOT!!!!!! I was able to reduce and almost remove the entire mess I made!!!!!!!!

Recommended are:
Clear vinyl gloves to minimize your exposure to the acetone,acetone and alot of God's grace!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC