> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Crawlspace Water problems
Login | Register

Crawlspace Water problems

Posted by Len on December 30th, 2002 11:45 AM
In reply to ground moisture entering crawlspace by td on November 13th, 2000 09:04 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hello All! I have a summer home in Northeast Pennsylvania with a concrete perimeter foundation with no slab. The ground is dirt and the crawlspace has 2 small vents and 2 larger crawlspace doors. I am in the process of digging a perimeter trench leading to a sump basin. I am currently trying to level this trench out.Water, expecially in the Spring, can pool up to a foot in certain areas. I installed gutters about 2 years ago, but still have a water table problem. The floors are uninsulated and can be very cold. In the crawlspace there is evidence of some mold and a mosquito breeding ground. The couches, mattresses, etc. have a musty smell.My intentions are to alleviate this moisture problem by diverting this H20 away from the house. Crawl space is from 3 feet to 4 feet high, with an overall square footage of 850. In addition to the sump pump, what other remedies can help to stop this problem? What type of insulation, plastic is recommended? What brand/size Dehumidifier to handle this large space is preferred? When should I open/close the crawlspace doors? Is a fan vent necessary? Do I need to put plastic on the ground dirt? or over the insulation in the floor? Please help. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC