> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > crawlspace moisture
Login | Register

crawlspace moisture

Posted by Jay J on April 5th, 2000 10:26 AM
In reply to I Meant To Say ... by Jay J on April 4th, 2000 12:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

to answer your questions: I have a 1 story ranch with all electric heat in every room on the ceiling. I have vinyle siding that is about 3 years old with houswrap under it. I also have windows that are about 3 years old too. In the crawlspace, at times there may be a little puddle of water sitting on the plastic and i stress little, but only in the one area which is my family room. Again, there is no plumbing involved in this area. However though, I did realize that my cinder blocks in the 2 corners under my family room was sweating this past winter. The ground under my plastic is dirt/clay. At times, there is mold that comes on in the 2 corners in the family room, and maybe even a couple of spots where the ceiling and wall meet. In the attic, I have about 12 inches of insulation, 6 inches of blownn insulation and 6 inches of r-19 with no vapor barrier. I have plenty of ventalation too, 3 gable vents, 6 roof vents and all my soffit is vented.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC