> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > crawl space
Login | Register

crawl space

Posted by steven dennis on February 7th, 1999 03:58 PM

I have a couple of questions regarding my crawl. My crawl has no cement or pea gravel at all. The only thing down is visquine. The house is about 7 months old now and we recently had about 3 inches of water after the snow melted. Also our crawl is always damp and none of it is dry.Is there a problem?
Everybody I talk to states you should have no water at all that it should be completely dry. We called the builder and said there is no problem at all that sherman, Illinois has a high water table and its normal. I've never heard of water in your crawl being normal. He is going to come by next week and rake the surface evenly. For what I don't know. That is only hiding the problem. We asked to have a sump pump put in and he thought we were crazy. Is this normal and if not do you have any idea who you could contact to file a complaint.Also, with the house being under warranty is he responsable for the water in the crawl? If you have any suggestions I'm open to any ideas. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you.

Steven Dennis

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC