> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > craftsman welder
Login | Register

craftsman welder

Posted by Grant on January 4th, 2000 11:45 PM
In reply to craftsman welders by reputation by jesse nokes on January 1st, 2000 09:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Well, It is probably ok, but not great. Better than the cheapest imports. Probably made by Miller or another primary manufacturer, but not at their highest quality level.

I've been put off by the Sears employees' "I get paid the same either way" attitude on warranty and service issues.

I'd consider looking at websites for Miller, Daytona Mig, and other good manufacturers...

or even better, do what I recently a better quality one used that comes with the tank and all the accessories. They don't have that many parts to wear out. Got mine, a Solar 2225 (see their website) with a half full tank, extra wire, extension cord, cart extra roll of wire and a couple of good hoods for $500. I had the luxury of being able to wait for a good deal though.

I love it. Keep it next to the bed in case I need to weld in the middle of the night. Don't know how I lived without it. You will be a happier man when you get one, no matter what (decent)brand you buy.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC