> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Craftsman Tools
Login | Register

Craftsman Tools

Posted by Bruce M on November 18th, 1997 10:23 PM
In reply to Improving performance of Craftsman woodworking power tools by Ken Kelley on November 18th, 1997 08:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Hi Ken:
Unfortunately, Craftsman power tools have been made by a variety of manufacturers over the years, with a variety of specifications changes for a given model of say, table saw, over the years.

Like so many getting started, I began with Craftsman power tools many years ago, due largely to Sear's heavy marketing and lower prices. As they began to break and wear out I finally realized that it was costing me far more to repair them or replace them with other Craftsman products, so I wised up and began spending a bit more for quality tools, with names like Delta, DeWalt, Milwaulkee and Porter Cable......all of which I have used harder and all of which are still in good working order. With the exception of a ball-bearing 1/2" drill, ALL of my Craftsman power tools have died. My opinion: they are simply not designed to last and any money spent on attempting to ressurect them is probably going to be money wasted.

Sorry for the doom-and-gloom. Perhaps someone else has better experience or can offer more cheery advice.

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC