> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Craftsman molding head and Cutter
Login | Register

Craftsman molding head and Cutter

Posted by Floyd Zeman on February 7th, 2003 10:31 AM
In reply to Craftsman Tool Warranty by Al on January 12th, 2003 07:24 AM [Go to top of thread]

10 of 10 people found this post helpful

I own a craftsman three bit cutterhead model No 9 3214. I need to give a brief history of this cutter. I have owned two of these. The first one I had worked teriffic, and no problem. The second one I purchased for a gift to my fatherinlaw. Upon his death it was given back to me. It had never been used. Having two, I gave my old set to a friend who was setting up shop.

Last week I needed to use my molding cutter to relieve some trim on the backside. I was cutting 1/16 deep with the 1" planer blade in white ash. No Knots. I had ten, 10 foot peaces. When I got to the eight one, the cutter blade flew out. It had broken in two. Looking at the cutter head, it is obvious the metal behind the cutter mushroomed and bent. I believe the structure of the steel is faulty.
I took it back to Sears (Green Bay Wisconsin) However the service manager laughed at me for bringing it back. They tell me their is no warranty on power tool accesories. I could see the blade, but not the holder. I feel very put out by this, because no mater how old this tool is, it should have been made to cut thousands of feet of lumber. I know the cutters wear, chip, break, and am willing to buy them. The molding head should be warranted as any craftsman tool.
What should I do? I feel they should have listened, looked and then made restitution for the faulty merchandise. Also this matter should not be left unresolved.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC