> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Craftsman Industrial Toolbox Lifetime Warranty
Login | Register

Craftsman Industrial Toolbox Lifetime Warranty

Posted by Just Thrilled on February 15th, 2003 12:03 PM
In reply to craftsman hand tool warranty by tim milburn on March 25th, 2000 11:48 AM [Go to top of thread]

6 of 6 people found this post helpful

Here's a good one... We purchased an Industrial Toolbox costing over $3000 with an on-site liftetime warranty. The lock would not work at the car dealership where the toolbox is located. After nearly four hours on the phone with Sears and the store where we purchased the item, the district manager of the store told the store to tell me to call a locksmith. They would not even lift a hand to locate a locksmith!
We were told that it had no warranty, that it had a 90-day warranty, that it had a 2-year warranty, that the warranty had expired, that it had a 99 year warranty, and that I would have to contact the store where I purchased it. When I told the store owner that it had a 99-year on-site warranty the store owner said, "Who told you that? Give me the name of the person who told you that!" (I wonder if that person will be fired for telling a customer the truth!) I reported this to Sears' "National Customer Relations" and she said, "Who told you that?" LOL! I gave her the person's first name and her Dept. # and the Natl. Customer Relations person said, "Well, I don't know who that is!"
At first we were told to take it to the repair center 75 miles away. (Note: this is an 800 lb toolbox and it had about 2000 lbs of tools locked in it and it has an "on-site" warranty)
We were told to bring it in to the store and they would "UPS it out to have it repaired". Does UPS pick up something weighing 2800 lbs? LOL!
There is no compensation for the 3 1/2 hours of run-around on the phone, no compensation for 4 hours of worktime missed, no compensation for long-distance telephone calls. The district manager told us by phone, "I don't care!"
I was told that they could not work on locks. The locksmith has been paid, or that is what we have been told. I was offered a $20 gift certificate.
Oh, goody!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC