> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > craftsman hand tool warranty
Login | Register

craftsman hand tool warranty

Posted by tim milburn on March 25th, 2000 11:48 AM

4 of 5 people found this post helpful

bob, i am having trouble getting my local sears store to abide by the craftsman warranty. i have several hand tools that the chrome plating has worn off. this is a problem with craftsman hand tools. i know, because i`ve been using craftsman tools for thirty years. in the past it was never a problem as my local sears store would always replace them. NOW THEY WILL NOT!! as the warranty clearly states, if for ANY reason, sears will replace them at no charge. this has gone so far that i had to call sears corporate offices only to be told it is strictly up to the local store manager to interpret the hand tool warranty. i was also told to drive to another nearby sears store and i shouldn`t have any problems. that is a hundred mile roundtrip.i have followed your career since day one and feel you would not want to be associated with such a deceitful practice. if you could be of any help i would appreciate it. it is rediculous that i would have to choose this avenue to resolve such a simple situation. i am sure you agree with this. this not only hurts the reputation of craftsman , it hurts your reputation as well, even though i am positive you were totally unaware of this practice of sears to save a few bucks. i am the parts manager at a caterpillar dealership and sears has lost the business of every mechanic i know that was using craftsman hand tools. that is quite a few people and a shitload of tools!! i just thought you should know of this practice since you are endorsing the craftsman line of hand tools.

my regards,
Tim Milburn

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC