> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Craftsman Guage 4076
Login | Register

Craftsman Guage 4076

Posted by Sam W. Loflin on May 1st, 2003 10:43 PM
In reply to Old Craftsman Power Tools. by Robert5 on November 16th, 1997 08:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

I recently acguired an unusual guage at a garage sale. It appears to be a "run out" guage of some sort. The guage is in a black plastic case with Craftsman on the lid and Sears Roebuck & Company along the bottom of the lid. There is a rotary dial that is calibrated in .0001 increments. Attached to the dial is a small stem that will activate the dial if slightly depressed. Many years ago when I was a college student working in the summer for a power company we used a guage similar to the one described above to measure the vertical run out (wobble) of a hydro electric generator shaft. The only designation on the guage is the number 4076 on the face of the dial. Can you tell me the purpose of this device, it ventage, and value?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC