> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > craftsman compound saw
Login | Register

craftsman compound saw

Posted by bc on February 12th, 2000 01:28 PM
In reply to Tool Discussion by Ed Parker on February 12th, 2000 10:24 AM [Go to top of thread]

Ed, good topic. Without getting into the other tools and unintentionally starting a war with someone by letting it out that I also am a Fordman, I use a sears craftsman compound miter saw(it was a christmas present).

It has been good, heavy and awkward to carry, and still makes good miter cuts that match up. I can set it to the angle markings or the machined indentions and the cuts come out right(I've used others that you set at 0 or 45 degrees and that is not the real cut you get). After having to lower and line up the blade with the mark on the board all the time, I wish I had one with the laser line on it.

A couple drawbacks are that the sawdust bag never fills up so it ends up all over the jobsite and the base is 2.75" tall so you can't lay down some 2by planks, scraps, or blocks to support your work (long boards)at either end and keep it level and keep your compound cut true. I usually hold the work tight at the saw and I don't really want to make some 2.75" blocks cause that is just something else to carry around and store with the saw.

I would recommend a craftsman and I would also like to hear from others. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC