> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Crackle finish
Login | Register

Crackle finish

Posted by Henry in MI on February 18th, 2001 07:51 PM
In reply to crackle paint by nina on February 18th, 2001 06:38 PM [Go to top of thread]

Nina, you might want to think about this a little. It certainly would be possible to do a crackle finish on a wall but it would also be very difficult to undo. When you tire of the crackle finish, you will be left with a BIG sanding job. You will have to either sand all the crackle off the walls or spackle the wall and then sand all that. It is not a process that I would enjoy.

If you are looking at crackle finishes for more reasonable projects, Franklin International, that makes Titebond glues, has new products out for this. I don't know if they have the info up yet at but you might check. I saw it at a Rockler store but it was so new that they had not received any feedback from customers.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC