> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > crackle
Login | Register


Posted by Anna on September 18th, 2001 02:37 AM
In reply to Any help or advice regarding covering a large room with RL faux finishes?? by Jaclyn Rothe on February 19th, 2001 02:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

I work at a Home Depot and have experience with both the Behr and Ralph Lauren Crackle glazes. For either one it is best to use a satin or a semi-gloss base coat (they dont absorb so much of the glaze)and a matte topcoat(the less gloss there is, the easier it is for the paint to pull apart and crack). Regardless of which brand you use, the size of the cracks and the direction they go can be controlled. The application of the topcoat determines these, so for thicker cracks, apply a thicker topcoat and for thinner cracks, apply a thinner topcoat. You can apply the topcoat with a brush, a roller or even a sponge, but keep in mind that the cracks go in the pattern that the paint was applied. Have fun!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC