> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Covering panels
Login | Register

Covering panels

Posted by Dominick Pepe on July 29th, 1998 09:40 AM
In reply to painting paneling by e thompson on July 29th, 1998 09:08 AM [Go to top of thread]

E Thompson,

I beleive that the best solution would be to use
a wallpaper underlayment. It is approx $9/roll.
It covers 56 square feet per roll. It may not seem economical, but it is.

Think of it this way. You need to prime your panels, maybe even twice because of the smoke build up on the walls. The smoke build up will bleed through. The primer is not cheap beacause you need a special primer ( I do not remember the name of the primer.)

Also once the panels are painted, it looks like panels. Where the wallpaper underlayment looks like drywall once it is up.

My wife and I went through the same problem
and the underlayment has worked out beutifully.

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC