> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Covering old plaster/pain for re-painting
Login | Register

Covering old plaster/pain for re-painting

Posted by jennifer Ball on June 22nd, 1998 06:41 PM

I have heard that I can do what is called a "skim coat" with drywall compound to cover a wall in a 90 year old house that I recently removed the wallpaper from. Can someone please confirm if this is a good or bad idea, and what sort of tool and process should I use ? I wish to paint the wall and would prefer a smoother surface since the exposed layer is a now a mixture of paint, some small holes and large plaster fixes. Thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC