> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Coupling
Login | Register


Posted by David on March 11th, 2003 05:51 PM
In reply to bathroom plumbing problem by Peter Misurek on March 11th, 2003 09:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

Peter, if you're not wanting to open the wall enough to replace the whole J-bend extension, you may have enough room to cut it off and join on a new J with a coupling. These are available in either chrome or plastic, and it's simply a short segment with the same type of compression ends the rest of the trap assembly has. Cut the end off the existing J, leaving a stub 2" or more (as space permits) from the wall, slide on the coupling. Next, shorten as needed, then insert the new J to complete the end.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC