> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > couple thoughts
Login | Register

couple thoughts

Posted by Al on January 26th, 2002 10:55 PM
In reply to Termites?? by Veronica on January 26th, 2002 07:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

You'll probably need a pro, because the chemicals to do the job are controlled substances. Most pest control companies now push "sentricon" or something similar. Bascially they treat with these then keep coming back on a regular basis to replace them. I have no idea what they are charging for this. Some still do what I call "traditional" treating, where they drill holes in concrete, do a small trench around the foundation, and fill all that with chemical. A normal size home would run about $1000 for the traditional. Try to get estimates for both styles of treatment and compare.

I have a feeling the "sentricon" methods are ways of keeping the pest control companies busy (and charing more). My grandpa owned pest control companies in several states years back, so I'm quite aware at what some companies will do. Alot of the "chains" are just franchises so you never know if it's going to be a good experience or bad. All depends on the local owner. My advice is to find a family owned business that's been around a long time. Any small guy that can make it in that line of work is probably reputable. My gramps sold out 12 years ago to another guy but he changed them name of the company. I probably get two-three calls a year from people looking us up in the white pages.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC