> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Could be the clutch
Login | Register

Could be the clutch

Posted by bc on May 1st, 2000 04:51 PM
In reply to Spin cycle on washing machine by Peggy on April 30th, 2000 10:53 AM [Go to top of thread]

What brand do you have? I went through that last year with our "old" washer. Lets troubleshoot this baby. If any thing in this world is man made, then I attempt to fix it first. When it stalls at the spin cycle, raise the lid, stick a screwdriver or something in the slot where the pin on the lid sticks into and engages the switch, after engaging the switch, then try to help turn the tub by hand by pushing on the side trying to spin it. If it starts to spin, then sounds like a belt or clutch problem. Post back with the results. If it is stuck like the brakes are on, then turn the knob to the middle of the spin cycle and try helping it. Also some spin cycles spray a little water at the start so tell me if it does that. Also there may be more spin cycles located around the dial, go to the start and then the middle of them to see if it works on a different one.

Also does the timer keep going? You may hear it continue to tick and the knob will continue on. Post back.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• spin by rosary  3/6/03 08:15 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC