> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Could Be Over Your Head ...
Login | Register

Could Be Over Your Head ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on May 30th, 2001 09:19 AM
In reply to concrete foundations by Craig P. Pippenger on May 29th, 2001 10:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Craig,

To answer your question directly, I don't know of any. However, there are specialized Construction Books that address this. They're Concrete-related books.

Now, I'm not really trying to rain on your party but all a crawlspace is is a 'flattened basement', so to speak. It may or may not have vents. It may or may not be heated/cooled. It depends on what's going above it too. It all depends on a LOT of things which is 'the bigger picture'. This is why this type of project could be over your head (besides your asking 'how to pour a footing, a wall, and a floor.)

I have to say that there are times where hiring a Pro is the way to go. This job looks very much like one. There are code issues too. Handling concrete on this scale is for someone who is VERY experienced in the Trades, and may just need a little guidance (where they have VERY specific questions.) Yours is a very broad one and kinda scares me a bit.

Sooooo, where does that leave you? Again, either hire a pro or find a good book. After that, if you have more specific ?'s, I'm SURE someone here can help w/them. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: Try Taunton Books for starters. Your search for a good book SHOULDN'T be limited to just this 1 WEB site. If you need more, let me know. Or, you can talk to Builders and Contractors for good books. In my area, there are Trade Schools that might have a library. At worst, talk to a Teacher there for book references ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC