> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > could be anything
Login | Register

could be anything

Posted by LJ in TX on October 27th, 2002 05:23 AM
In reply to Sewer Odor in Kitchen by Kimberly on October 27th, 2002 01:02 AM [Go to top of thread]

but if it smells like sewer gases ,,,it probably is! I personally dont know if mold would smell like sewer gas odor!. how much water was leaking out of you dishwasher before you noticed it. could you possibly have some pooling of water under the cabinets somewhere that you cant see and it has not dried out yet--seems very unlikely. You might consider leaving the baseboard off for a while to insure that the area underneath has all dryed out well. You could spray a mixture of clorox bleach and water on the areas that got wet too to help kill any mildew that may have developed on the wet wood or drywall!! just another precautinary thing to do. I might even consider putting a floor fan there to improve air circulation and speed up drying.

as far as your sewer odor,,, how does it connect to your sink drain ....mine dumps into the garbage disposal and there uses the P-Trap for the sink drain to block sewer gases from backing up into the kitchen. where ever the dishwasher drains into...make sure it is somewhere before the P trap or has its own P trap. post back with more info. LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC