renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Cottage built and no certificate of occupancy from builder.
Login | Register

Cottage built and no certificate of occupancy from builder.

Posted by Todd on February 2nd, 2003 06:05 PM

Cottage built and no certificate of occupancy from builder.

I recently had a builder build me my cottage. The property was bought with cash,, 2 years later i found this builder and he gave me a price on paper & I said great build it. All payments were rec'vd and they gave me a recept every time. They were great in all aspects. the money i gave to build the cottage was non-mortgaged, (Cash from my savings). I asked if we were going to have a closing & he said no,, were done & your in,, i aciously said GREAT !! Then I noticed on all the stickers on the windows i didnt see a ( certificate of occupancy), so i asked & he said,, oh the city is slow and you may get it is 4 -6 months... i said that doesnt sound right,, he said yea that it...
I asked don't i get a title or a deed,, he said no, we built it & no mortgage company was involved so you don't need any of that.

I said how about a form from you stating your done & complete & no leans on structure,, he said ok, we'll type one up for you. Weeks passed & i asked again,, he said ok we'll get it out for you.
4th time i left a nasty voice mail today.

Can anyone fill me in on a hidden agenda he may have ...

Cheers, Todd

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC