> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > costs for garage concrete foundation
Login | Register

costs for garage concrete foundation

Posted by LJ in TX on July 16th, 2002 05:45 AM
In reply to 2 grand to pour and finish a 28x26 cement slab for garage floor... to much? by Harold on July 15th, 2002 10:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

Harold ,,it sounds a little excessive to me. you can approximate the number of yards of concrete you will need yourself by doing the math. that will at least check their price/cost extimate for the materials. also the labor charge sounds a little high to me also. I would suggest you get two more independent estimates from non "Friends" to compare against as well. We had a new patio poured last year about half this size down here in TX with 12 inch deep beams poured around the perimeter,,,plus they dug out the clay soil and laid all the rebar forms, plus poured the concrete carrying it by wheelbarrow from the street to the back of the house and believe that was only about a 12 to 1500 dollar job. 2000 might be reasonable for your area of the country but it would be best to get two more estimates ...and make sure you get the breakdown of 1)amount of concrete needed 2) compare apples to apples. LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC