> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Cosmetic defect she says
Login | Register

Cosmetic defect she says

Posted by Moderator, Steve on November 1st, 2002 10:21 AM
In reply to uneven floor in new condo by Julia on November 1st, 2002 05:16 AM [Go to top of thread]

well, I would expect that comment. What I would ask her/him, would you buy this home if you were in my shoes? If he/she says of course I would, then you know they are deceiving you.

An uneven floor is something a carpenter made a mistake on. It is something that might get worse. A board came un fastened, the earth fell, or something occured during or after building that made this happen and its now called a cosmetic defect because its too expensive to repair.

I will entertain this question to you. When you decide to move from this home saying you did buy it, then you will have to overcome this cosmetic defect to prospective buyers. YOu will probably have to claim it on your disclaimer sheet also. So, you will then be part of the deciept and your realtor will not be here and the new realitor might not deem this cosmetic.

Hey do this, make it well known that you want the condo and will buy it, BUT you want this cosmetic defect fixed and fixed right. See what they do.

In the meantime, I would continue my search.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC