> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > corner bead
Login | Register

corner bead

Posted by Chip on October 9th, 2000 11:03 PM
In reply to Drywall Cornerbead by Becki Hass on October 8th, 2000 06:45 PM [Go to top of thread]

If I understand you right and thinking of the same product it is two peices of stiff plastic (about an 1 1/2 inches each) adhered to very wide paper tape (5 or 6 inches), the paper is wider than the plastic, and the plastic is close together in the center so when it is bent, it forms the corner right? In the instructions it tells you apply it with joint compound thinned for better shrinkage, the corner it creats is a finished corner and you have to feather the outer edges. If this is correct, I have used this and it works pretty well, it is supposed to be stronger then conventional corner beads, unfortunatly I used it once and can't remember the name or where to get it. I think it was a Kelly Moore Rep that sold it to us, you may want to try them.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • Smartbead by Andrew Phillips  5/13/01 06:09 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC