> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > converting a garage into a bedroom
Login | Register

converting a garage into a bedroom

Posted by Margaret Cicalese on August 23rd, 2002 01:31 PM
In reply to converting a garage by lenda maddox on January 7th, 2000 10:13 AM [Go to top of thread]

Can anyone give me some advise on converting my garage into a bedroom. I have an 11'X 20' garage with a 7' x 5' l-shaped cut out that buts up to a powderroom that we would like to break through to. Has anyone out there done anything like this? Any idea on cost? Any suggestions? I have a home with an exisiting in-law suite attached to the rear of the home. Would you believe it my mpther-in-law's 92 year old mother has now come to live with us, she was ill when she first came last Nov. but now she's probably the helathiest person in the house. The problem is that my in-laws now sleep on a sofa bed and & don't believe my father-in-law is coping very well. Everything was fine until then. but now the tension is fierce between my in-laws & thier mother (in-law). The hardship of this scenario makes nothing short of converting the garage into another suite the only answer. Please any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC