> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > console button must be held down to close door
Login | Register

console button must be held down to close door

Posted by Tim Friesen on March 1st, 2003 10:10 PM
In reply to Console Blinks Constantly by Dave Lewandowski on January 29th, 2003 06:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

3 of 5 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> Garage Door Answers by Handyman on 02/16/2005

I've got a Craftsman 139.53962SRT1, and the only way I can get the door to close is to hold the button in the garage down until the door is completely closed. Neither of the remotes work (they did til fact, the entire unit worked fine until today, and it's over two years old).

The green light on the button in the garage is flashing, and I've checked the troubleshooting guide in the manual, and nothing works. Once closed, the door opens normally when the button is pushed, but when I try to close it, I have to hold the button down, and if I release it, the door opens back up and the garage door light on the motor flashes on and off for about 5 seconds.

I'm not mechanically minded, and this is driving me nuts!! If you cannot help, do you have a suggestion on who to contact, without having to pay SEARS and arm and a leg to have them come out?

Also, our outdoor keypad password has accidently been changed, so it is no longer working. Any suggestions on how I could bypass that password and set a new one?

Thanks for your time. I truly value any insight you might have for me.

Tim Friesen
(503) 819-1400 (cell)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC