> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Confusing
Login | Register

Posted by Stegve on June 30th, 2000 07:42 AM
In reply to problem w/circuit breakers(?) when changing light switch by Jerry on June 30th, 2000 01:49 AM [Go to top of thread]

Your description is confusing but it sounds like something got screwed up. Switches can easily do that. It sounds like you need to get someone with a bit more knowledge involved. He will identify each wire in the box and determine what and where it is going and what it is doing.

I give you credit for having no fear but it also sounds like you have that "just enough knowledge to make you dangerous". The good old learning curve. (Time to buy a book, as my wife would say.) Never think you will remember where each wire is attached. Write, draw or lable everythng you dont fully understand. Just dont underestimate the potential of electricity to hurt you.

Your meter energizing the light in the bedroom, when you tested power to ground causes me great worry. I cant think of how that would work, (well I can but it makes my hair stand on end.)

So get someone in and ask him to walk you through what he is doing. Your thirst for knowledge may be satisfied and it will help you get to the other side of the curve.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC