> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Confused
Login | Register

Posted by Ricky on February 22nd, 2003 12:20 PM
In reply to Ceiling Fan - 3 way switch by Jim Hall on November 24th, 2002 04:57 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Links: by doug seibert on 01/10/2005
> Click on the LINK: by doug seibert on 04/03/2005

I'm trying to install a fan w/ light fixture in a stair well. at the top of the stairs, there is a pre-existing light controled by 2 3-way switches. i'm trying to install the fan w/ light combo as a seperate unit by itself, while keeping the pre-existing light fixture. I also am trying to inststall a Hunter Ceiling Fan & Light Control ML# 27183. There are four wires in bolth switch locations, red, black, white, and copper. I'm trying to have one switch be the master on and off switch and the fan and light control switch control the dimming of the lights and the fan. The pre-existing light fixture has three wires coming from it, black, white, and copper. I'm trying to run power from the origional light fixture to where the fan is placed. There are the four wires from the fan that are red, blue, black and green. A hot for the light, a hot for the fan, a nuteral, and a ground. With running 3 wires from the light fixture to the fan assimbly, i was told that i could hook up the two hots to the hot coming from the hot of the origional light and the fan and light control could distinguish the difference from what was being turned up or down.

basically, what i need is a wiring diagram to run a wire from the origional light to the fan w/ light combo using a light and fan dimmer switch at one of the two 3-way light switch locations.

if anyone can help with this, PLEASE email me!

Thank you

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC