> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > condensation problems in masonry
Login | Register

condensation problems in masonry

Posted by David Curry on January 30th, 2003 09:31 PM
In reply to Not to worry, yet by JackD on May 5th, 2001 01:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

I really hope someone can help me here. I've been remodeling a 1920's fieldstone house in Wisconsin this year, and have ripped out the old stud walls that are inside of the fieldstone so as to have space to insulate and drywall, etc. I rebuilt the walls plumb and am now just about to begin insulating (they're supposed to start in about 14 hours!). I put up a plastic barrier over the exposed stone on the inside thinking that I didn't want any moisture from the stone to wick into the insulation and create a moisture problem. It's been very cold here the last couple weeks, and upon examining the stone behind the plastic tonight I found very heavy frost on the stone and the plastic starting at grade an extending about 30" up the stone wall. I'm now scared thinking that I'll sink endless amounts of money into this house only to have it rot out in a couple years. Any idea as to what I should do? my insulation contractor hasn't a clue, and the local building inspection doesn't either. Any thoughts on what I should do? scrap the visquine perhaps? someone please let me know their thoughts on this, or perhaps supply me with a number of someone who may be an expert. I'm more than happyt to compensate a professional for advise. Thanks, David

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC