> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > condensation on windows
Login | Register

condensation on windows

Posted by Laura on October 9th, 2000 10:24 AM

We have moved into a 50 year old, stucco house, and have lived here for 3years now. We live in CA, so we shouldn't have all the moisture problems in our house that we do. When it starts to get cold outside, the inside of our windows get so bad that they are just dripping in the mornings, not just steamed up! They are those old crank kind of windows. Our neighbors all have the same type of windows, but don't have this problem. We have been told that we need everything from new double pained windows, to insulation, to a fan in our bathroom that pull the moisture into the attic, etc.. We don't have the money for new windows, but this is driving me crazy! We get mold around the windows, and all the paint on and around them is craking and falling off. We only have one window in our back door, and it's the only one that doesn't get condensation on it. It has a small hole in the wooden frame that surrounds the window, and it lets air in, which I think keeps the window clear. I have thought of keeping all the windows open a crack, but I don't feel safe doing that at night, plus it gets really cold! HELP!!!!!! We are tired of being the only ones in the neighborhood with this problem. We don't know what we do any different then everyone else??? Please help with any suggestions you can! Thank you!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC