> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Condensation
Login | Register

Posted by Dale on November 17th, 2002 05:20 AM
In reply to American Craftsman Window Condensation by Bruce on October 18th, 2002 09:05 PM [Go to top of thread]

I purchased an 8500 series all vinyl window at Home depot. I wanted a vinyl windows as it is guaranteed for life. After I installed it, I noticed the bottom sash had a busted latch. this apparantly happened in shipping. On both sashes at the bottoms their is about 2" of condensation. I contacted American Craftsman, the lady told me I had either too much moisture in the house or it was installed wrong. I have installed vinyl windows in my basement (Lowes) and they do not have any moisture on them untill it is about 0 degrees out. Other triple tracks in my house do not have moisture on them. I called Home Depot on the latch. They ordered me a brand new sash with a good latch. This did not cure the moisture. I have a feeling this window was dropped during shipment but no one seems to care now. I have 4 more of these same size windows (28x47) to buy yet. I think I'll try Pella in the spring.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC