> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Concrete spalding, flaking, pitting etc
Login | Register

Concrete spalding, flaking, pitting etc

Posted by Thomas on March 19th, 2003 07:05 PM
In reply to concrete spalding by bc on June 28th, 2000 10:57 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 14 people found this post helpful

As a family operated affair dealing with concrete for over 64 yrs. there have been a large number of things that have cause and effect upon the placing of concrete to which at once one has the presumption to place blame upon the one whom was contracted to prosecute the work. In fact the concrete itself has a paste which is called cement which have additives to it such as a stone of varying sizes along with a sand with a low mult content (clay) when mixed with water (clean water)it becomes the catalist that activates the mix to become hardened through hydration and in turn becomes a man made stone. This also has air in it from 3 to 6% if intrained, however if less than or more will cause scaling, pitting, surface distruction of which the contractor has not control over along with other factors, so if your job is not placed wet as soup, I would suggest that one research into the plant, paste,sand,water,or other additives depending on areas climate. Upright contractors become very concerned when their effords to maintain a high standard of workmanship and honor are attacked as they should bare the burden of something they have no controll over and I lost count of the trucks that I have refused for being to wet or hot mixes. I would like to say that I have seen it all as related to concrete, but I am positive that something new will arise both for the positive and the negative. We as a family operation our coming into our forth generation in this element of Construction, it is our joy to enrich one with as high a quality of workmanship as humanly possable and am quite sure there are more just as we.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC