> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Concrete Sealent and Expan.
Login | Register

Concrete Sealent and Expan.

Posted by Darrell Ketchum on April 18th, 2003 08:29 AM
In reply to concrete expansion joints by ron on May 12th, 2000 06:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

I had just recently had a 100sq ft 4 slab poured. The contractors did not use a water barrier as I had requested ( I wanted PVC Plastic placed before he Pour). My wife was not at home to watch them when they poured our concrete, they also used 1x 4 Yellow Pine for the expansion joints.

I plan too close in my patio in the very near future, 1st I plan too tile the patio and later enclose the addition with a glass dome, I did not want to have to deal with my concrete sweating.

O make thing worse when I got home they had about 81/2 yard poured and 6 hours before they finished the second pour. I also now have a very noticeable cold joint.

I still owe them 50%, What should I do with these people for lousing up my concrete pour!

They tell me that they will do a water seal for cost! But I feel as I had already paid for that and should not have to pay for it again. Also from what I have read about water sealers they are only good for 3-5 yrs.

Please advise

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC