> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Concrete Drivway Work (to stop rain from entering garage)
Login | Register

Concrete Drivway Work (to stop rain from entering garage)

Posted by dbier on October 6th, 1998 12:29 PM

0 of 4 people found this post helpful

I have a concrete driveway up to my detached garage. Although the driveway seems level, during heavy rains, some water flows into the garage. I'm looking for some solution that will prvent the
water from entering the garage as well as from puddling against the bottom of the wooden garage walls. I'm considering renting a jack hammer to breakout a 9" wide strip of concrete that butts up to
the garage slab and pouring new concrete in such a fashion that it would divert the water off to the sides of the driveway. What method would I need to use to pour some Sakrete concrete mix so that
I created a little "hill" or ridge that would act as the diverter? I've only poured level concrete before - I don't know how to create a sloped surface. ALSO would I need to use wire reinforcing
mesh/rods? I'm open to any suggestions. FINALLY> How best to cut around the area to be broken-up? Special saw blade or rental saw?Thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC